The Technology Executives Club is a private association dedicated to the success of IT executives and those executives who serve IT.
We help executives and their teams make best use of technology by providing a forum of their peers and industry experts dedicated to sharing practical thought leadership on IT Trends, IT Leadership and Strategy.
While our roots and in person events are held in Chicago and the Midwest, we help executives worldside through our IT Online Education Center, Monthly Webinars and our IT Leaders Circle program.
Get started today.!
Sign up for our free newsletter right now!
- Club Services
- For IT Executives & Their Teams we provide:
- IT Leaders Circle Program
Can be enjoyed from anywhere in the world.
- Monthly Virtual Meetings on IT Leadership and Strategy can be enjoyed anywhere.
- A complete IT Online Education Center from our IT Trends Seminars, IT Leaders Circle events, monthly webinars and more.
- An annual IT Leadership Conference. Held in person in Chicago. Recorded and made available online.
- Monthly newsletter
- Online Forum for network connections
- Chicago Chapter - The only private association that combines a forum for high level IT executives with professional development for their staff.
- IT Leaders Circle Luncheons
Once per quarter, an exclusive gathering of Midwest IT Executives
- Live IT Trends Seminars
IT executives from throughout the region attend our ten live seminars held in Chicago each year. Participants may receive CPE credits.
- IT Online Education center provides online professional development for your staff
- Can be used anytime, from anywhere!
We record each seminar, and provide the best presentations online as "Seminar's On'Demand" for busy staff members who need to attend online, any time.
- IT Leaders Circle Events on Demand
- Monthly Webinars Archives
- Monthly Member-s Only Virtual Members Recordings
- Special Reports
Serve our IT Community and watch your business grow. Our programs include:
Speaking and Sponsorship Opportunities - Chicago Seminars & IT Leaders Circle events, Annual Conference, National seminars.
Advertising - to our network of IT Executives
Education - Via our IT online Education network and our IT Marketing Institute
- In Person: enjoy exclusive networking opportunites at our Chicago chapter and our national seminars.
- Onlne: Join our LinkedIn Forums
Members consist of individual and companies. The Club has over 100 corporate members ranging from Mid-cap to Fortune 1000 companies, the top worldwide technology companies and major advisory firms.
Following are the types of executives that the Club is designed for:
- Senior IT Leadership Staff, including VP's, Directors, and some Senior Managers
- Business Leaders who are responsible for and drive IT investments.
- Executives from leading providers to IT.
Following is a sample list representing both enterprise and provider members:
American Hospital Assoc.
Baker & McKenzie
Cole Taylor Bank
Ernst & Young
Flexible Steel Lacing Co.
Freeborn & Peters
Hub Group, Inc.
Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT)
Illinois Tool Works
Juno Lighting, Inc.
Katten Muchin Rosenman
McGuire Woods LLP
Premier Global Services
State of IL
Standard Bank & Trust
The Revere Group
- What our Members Say about the Club
The Club prides itself in quality events and services. Here is recent feedback from some of our participants at our events. Please e-mail us your feedback. Thank you!
"It's like Gartner for the rest of us!"
Fortune 500 IT Director and Gartner subscriber
- "Key Value: Networking with peers and with vendors & solution providers."
Walter Lefmann, Director, Security Officer
CTC Trading Group LLC
- "GOOD TOPIC: Innovation within PMOs is very appropriate in today's economy."
Jim Mikowski, Senior Project Manager
- "Excellent flow on the material presented."
Kevan Collins, Director, IT PMO
- "It was an excellent opportunity to broaden my knowledge of PPM and PM a well as expand my professional relationships."
Randy Carey, Director of IT
- "The process of aligning the strategic plan with business priorities and portfolio management priorities was practical and insightful."
Sai Ravichandran, Director of IT
The Morton Arboretum
- "The event was well organized and packed with content relevant to any IT shop. I especially enjoyed the keynote panelists. The participants were well prepared and presented valuable examples for the questions posed. Thank you for a good use of my time."
- "Thank you for a wonderful experience. The seminar was very helpful and your group has a lot to offer its membership."
Dan McSweeney, IT Regulatory Compliance
- "Excellent content and very engaging and passionate speakers!"
Chet Phillips, VP of IT
Vi Senior Living
- "Alex, thanks for hosting another great golf outing! The Judge group found the golf outing very productive as a sponsor and participant. We meet a number of great contacts and everyone enjoyed themselves. The event itself was very well organized. And the course was great . We especially liked the way you handled the early start coordinated with the luncheon and awards ceremony, which attributed to the good attendance. We are already following up with a number of the contacts that we met."
Dan Kilburg, Account Manager
The Judge Group
- "A good overview of leading-edge technology with just the right amount of information for senior IT Management."
Kanch Kumar, Senior Manager, Information Systems
- "Just-in-time information on technology topics, networking and vendor intros."
Michael Roman, Analytics Manager
Wells Fargo Advisors
- "This is one of the best technology organizations in the community/industry."
Betsy Yung, Principal
Logic Kingdon Enterprise
- "Through attending the Technology Executives Club's various seminars, I have gained so much knowledge, which only helps me in my career."
Russell Mangialardi, General Manager
Cooper Technica, Inc.
- "I find the Technology Executives Club seminars to be very useful for continuing education. My rule of thumb is if I can get two or three bits of information from a seminar, that confirm my thinking or show other possibilities, that I can take back to my role at GS1 then it is worth my time, and I consistently get new information and fresh ideas from the Club events."
Chief Architect and Sr. Director of Security
- Our team has produced, participated in and attended dozens if not hundreds of these type of events, and after participating in your Portfolio and Project Management seminar we could not find even one piece of constructive advice to give you because we thought that the overall event was excellent!
You did a great job marketing. Your constant emails and other communication to the community brought together a strong audience.
The event itself was very well organized. You and your team ran it like clockwork while maintaining the enthusiasm of the crowd.
The content of the event was very well balanced between the individual speakers and the keynote panel of practitioners.
And finally, the individual coaching you gave me for my segment was on target and helped us create a strong segment.
Paul Himes, CEO
Himes & Associates, Ltd.
- "I thought the organization of the event was flawless. You know your audience. The event was well-organized and well-attended with the right people, and the audience received an excellent combination of topics and presenters. There was a great variety of presentation, skillsets, and backgrounds and we were very pleased to be part of the event."
Peter Aaronson, General Manager
Judge Audio Visual Solutions
- "I just wanted to let you know what a great staff you have. Every interaction with them is professional, warm and welcoming."
Charles Melidosian, former CIO
Baird & Warner
- "The Club provided an excellent program on DR & BCP today!"
Scott Tompkins, Director, Information Security
Williams Lea Americas
- The Club addresses business needs by "giving me a more global perspective of what is going on in technology."
Robert Carr, Business Technology Analyst
- "We enjoy the various monthly meetings and find them to be a very effective use of our education resources."
Gerald Scherkenbach, VP, Technology Compliance Manager
- The Club "allows me and my organization to stay in touch with technology."
Gary Willard, Data Center Manager
- "The Club provides insight into how other organizations are addressing the same problems that my organization faces."
Scott Tompkins, Director of Information Security
- "Enjoyed yesterday's event, the material and speakers really covered the subjects well. Great event ..."
Tom Fahner, Field Support & End User Services Manager - Midwest
- "I subscribe to a number of prominent analyst groups and network at the national level, but I am delighted to be involved with the IT Leaders Circle as well for three reasons. 1. First, I want to build my base of other IT executives in the region to be able to compare notes and help each other with the common issues we face; 2. Second, the topics that Alex and his team have chosen are in synch with my own strategic plan; and 3. Third, the Club's track approach offers me an affordable alternative to keep my key team members up to date on the top issues relevant to their responsibilities."
Ed Busse, Former Director Global Information Technology
- "This was my first [IT Leaders Circle Luncheon] event and I was very impressed with everyone and the facilities... I am very keen to meet my peers at other organizations and find out what they are doing and issues they are struggling with. I was able to connect with at least 5 peers in a meaningful way which is 5 more than I had before the event. I can't wait for the next one!"
Mark S. Las, Director of Information Technology
Colliers Bennett & Kahnweiler Inc.
- "As a K-12 Director of Technology, I have found that the IT Leaders Circle exposed me to Business IT Leaders from large companies. This allows me to learn about IT processes and procedures that I can adopt to education."
Darrell Walery, Director of Technology
Consolidated High School District 230
- "As both the Director of Information Technology for Illinois Institute of
Technology's Center for Professional Development and the Associate
Director of our degree programs in Information Technology and
Management, it's critical that I keep up with the latest trends in the
industry and expand connections for the university. The Technology
Executives Club and it's new IT Leaders Circle provides me with access
to other top Chicago-area IT executives in a forum that allows me to
interact with them to see how they are managing their IT investments and
making their strategic decisions regarding the issues that face us all."
Director of Information Technology
Illinois Institute of Technology
- "I joined the IT Leaders Circle to be able to network and share ideas with like-minded executives and keep pace within this fast changing industry. I want to keep learning, and continue to be creative in my job - by discussing topics that are relevant to my position with other executives, I'll be able to do that. Although I attend National conferences, I'm excited to join with other executives who also work in this region and understand the unique challenges and opportunities our area has to offer."
Lisa G. Brumbaugh, Vice President - Corporate Project Management
Standard Bank & Trust Co.
- "I am excited about the Technology Executives Club IT Leaders Circle because of the opportunity to understand what problems other technology leaders are facing and approaches they are using to solve them. It is all too easy these days to simply soak in your own juices within your organization and believe that you’re doing everything right. It’s important to understand other’s perspectives and the IT Leaders Circle will give me the ability to do that. I am also hoping to increase the awareness of the local technology community of new technologies as well as open source initiatives and applied analytics."
Mark Friedgan, Former CIO
- "I am very excited about joining the new Leadership Circle where I can meet with my peers and learn from them. I have always found the panel discussions very valuable and anticipate the roundtable discussions will be particularly helpful focused extension of that value. Others from CNA have attended sessions and found them to be very valuable. I find the Club to be an excellent forum to network and learn from other IT professionals who are experiencing similar or shared business experiences."
John Landenberger, former Client Executive
- "I had to write you and the other masterminds behind yesterday's event to congratulate you. I have attended many such meetings here in Chicago and elsewhere and found them to be primarily a waste of time. Yesterday's event was a an exception to that rule. You all did an incredible job with content, structure, presenters - and it drew some outstanding people too.
Thank you so much for all the effort and thought that went into the event. I will certainly attend more ... Great job!!"
Self Reliance Society, LLC
- "Our organization has been a member of the Technology Executive Club since 2006. We initially joined as a cost effective way to network and share timely industry information with other IT professionals. We have been really impressed by the presentations and knowledge/credentials of those presenting. Clearly the Club is dedicated to delivering value to its members by bringing top industry leaders."
Bonita Gillman, PMP, Director Information Services
- "I regularly use the Technology Executive Club's database of whitepapers, webinars and articles to research new technologies, technical solutions for business issues and to generally research technology for personal professional development. The library that the club has developed has been a great consolidation of resource materials for helping me to see where IT can be leveraged to support the business side of the organization."
Tom Fahner, End User Computing Manager
State of Illinois-BCCS
- "One of my projects this year has been to review our IT model and adjust for our changing organization. I found the seminar very rewarding in that the discussion and presentations added credence to the steps I had taken. I also now have some excellent resources for networking when I have questions going forward. I was quite pleased to strike up a conversation with another participant who might be able to assist me with metrics! It was a value-added event for me!"
Carole A. Long, Vice-President of Information Systems
Flexible Steel Lacing Company
- I have found the technology seminars to be very helpful in providing me
with a high level overview of disparate practices and technologies. The
speakers are subject matter experts and deliver informative
Technology Executive Club events are good places to meet technology
executives from companies of all sizes. The setting is conducive to
conversation and informal learning experiences.
Greg Hubbard, Director of Application Development,
- "Worknet is thrilled to be associated with Technology Executives Club, its events and in this community of IT leaders. We have a number of clients whom are part of the club as well as other organizations whom are considering our Managed Services. By speaking at the club and bringing thought-provoking subject matter expertise, we are able to add value to this wonderful community and find additional opportunities to explore from like-minded Chicago-land IT leaders. From our last speaking engagement, we have three follow-up appointments set focused on solutions core to Worknet."
Biff L. Myre, Director
- "Laurus Technologies has been a sponsor and supporter of the Technology Executives Club for a number of years. Our marketing approach includes goals in Brand Awareness, Demand Generation, and Thought Leadership; the Technology Executives Club model helps us achieve all three. What I like about the Technology Executives Club is its unique model which integrates seminars with presentation opportunities, webinars, targeted media, online lead generation, and an IT Leaders Circle program that helps drive executive engagement. With the TEC, we've been able to demonstrate pipeline growth and measurable sales increases that we would not have otherwise attained."
Steve Susina, Director of Marketing
MORE COMMENTS FROM OUR MEMBERS
- How to Join
Please register for the newsletter and sign up for a Corporate Membership.
- Register as a Free Network Member
Registration as a free network community member entitles you to free monthly webinars, updates on our events and special reports.
- Join as A Member
Enjoy the full benefits of Membership, including exclusive access the Club's IT Online Education Center, Monthly Members Only Virtual Meetings, access to events and special events and more. Please go to our membership page for complete information.