Technology Executives Club
Managed Services Track
Managed Services, Cloud Computing
Best Practices in Using Managed Services and SaaS as you prepare for the Cloud
Chicago, IL | May 20, 2010
Managed Services has seen a dramatic increase is use by the enterprise, based upon a combination of a wider range of offerings and price points by suppliers for many functions of the organization, the introduction of the cloud and the use of SaaS as a business model and the realization by Enterprises that outsourcing these areas to a Managed Service provider will save money and allow them to focus their internal resource on core competencies.
In this event, we'll explore how area companies are dealing with this shift and the increased use of Managed Services capability, combined with how companies are preparing for the use of Managed Services in a Cloud environment.
Join Top IT Executives from TTX Company, Q Interactive, Motorola and Manpower...
And Get Their Must-Know Lessons on:
- Which infrastructure areas and application areas they choose to outsource via Managed Services and how they make this decision
- The keys to a successful managed service relationship
- How they use infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and application services that have evolved from software as a service (SaaS) offerings
to benefit the enterprise
- How the Cloud and SaaS is impacting their use of managed services
- How they rely on managed services and cloud computing to improve the customer experience and operational efficiencies while lowering costs
LEARN THESE BEST PRACTICES (AND MORE!) FROM OUR KEYNOTE PANEL:
||Rob Zelinka, Director of Infrastructure at
TTX Company, oversees infrastructure and
operations management, support services and
technology governance practices. He directs
technology strategy and delivers leading-edge
infrastructure to support web-enabled initiatives
that give TTX a competitive advantage.
||Greg Hubbard, Director of Application Development at Q Interactive, is responsible for resource management and technology research, and also serves as software architect for one of Q Interactive's business lines. He previously held technology positions at CNA Insurance and Trans Union Corp.
||Joy Davidson, Director of Solutions and Architecture at Motorola, supports the Global Sales teams for Motorola. She founded a services team to build unique custom solutions for North America verticals using Motorola Wireless and Mobility products. Joy applies her considerable experience to leverage lower-cost, cloud solution environments with more agile processes that provide stronger support for global revenue growth
||Douglas Baker, Director of Global Solutions Delivery at Manpower! Doug Baker is a Director of Global Solutions Delivery at Manpower. In this role, he provides transformational leadership to drive business adoption and deployment of shared applications across Manpower’s global operations. This portfolio includes solutions for durable business process such as Sales/CRM, HR, Financials, Billing, Business Intelligence.
|| Moderator: Steve Susina, Director of Marketing, Laurus Technologies
With more than 20 years experience in the telecommunications and IT industries, Steve has spoken at technology conferences around the world on IT & business strategy, optical networking, compliance and IdM, and mobile communications.
PLUS, BONUS FEATURES OF THIS EVENT!
Get INSIGHTS FROM THE FOLLOWING INDUSTRY EXPERT BRIEFINGS:
||6 Reasons Why You Need To Embrace Cloud Computing Now | Especially if You're a Mid-Sized Company
Michael Whitmer, Global Chief Information Officer and Executive Vice President, Operations,Hudson North America will discuss the tremendous benefits a mid-sized company can realize when moving some of their applications into the Cloud, and about the factors that lead to success.
|| The IT Challenge of Managing the Cloud
David Johnson, Director of Product Marketing, Avocent a Division of Emerson Network Power
the evolution of the data center to cloud computing and
the issues faced by IT within the Data Center,
along with strategies on how to manage cloud computing infrastructure in an efficient and cost effective manner.
||The 5 Key Contract Traps You Must Avoid when buying a Cloud/Managed Services Service.
Dan Graham, Partner at FVLD, Ltd., has documented 10 key provisions that must be reviewed in every Managed Service/Cloud agreement and has identified the top 5 Key Contract Traps that you must avoid when buying a Cloud/Managed Services service. He will share these five traps with you and how you can avoid them.
IN ADDITION, you'll
- Network with Your Peers to make new contacts, compare notes and best practices
- Meet top vendors in the industry, and
- Earn Continuing Professional Education credit if you're a Club member
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Senior Executives and Analysts
- VPs & Directors reposible for managing virtual resources and collaboration
- LOB Executives
- Any IT Executives and Managers responsible for managed services and cloud applications
Here's how to REGISTER for this event:
- Purchase tickets now: $175 Members, $275 Nonmembers
- Members: Register Here to Use Your Bundled Tickets. Questions? Contact Member Services at 847-837-3900 x1
- Corporate Members Receive Passes to All Seminars. Learn more here.
- Enterprise IT Staff Members: Attend this event for only $47! Learn how.
Thursday, May 20, 2010
12:30 Registration & Networking
Event begins promptly at 1:00
1:00 - 5:00 Panel & Presentations
Union League Club,
65 W. Jackson Blvd.
Chicago IL 60604
Questions? Contact Linda Talbot at
Professional business-casual attire required.
Final speakers and topics are subject to change.
LEARN HOW TO BECOME A SPEAKER / SPONSOR FOR THIS SEMINAR:
Contact Alex Jarett at 847-837-3900 x3.